We wish to thank our board of directors for their dedication and hard work. We would like to acknowledge organizations, associations, services, affiliations and awards affiliated to them.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Maureen was born and raised in Easthampton, Massachusetts. She has been a resident of Broward County for over 30 years where she has worked and raised her son. After graduating from Florida Southern College, Kohler worked in a family owned business until she took a position in the non-profit arena where she has spent the last 13 years of her career. She brings a non-profit management skill-set that includes fundraising, board development , program expansion and partnerships.
- Art-turnatives for Building Communities, Inc.
- West Boca Chamber of Commerce
- American Business Women's Association
- Broward County Library Advisory Board
- Broward County's 2020 Cultural Plan Task Force
- City of Tamarac Public Art Committee
- Broward Cultural Council's Mentoring Program
- Leadership Broward Class XXV
- Women's Executive Club
- Broward Cares for Kids
Marion is a single parent with two married daughters and three grandchildren. Marion is active in the community raising awareness and funds for a multitude of organizations and causes. Professionally, she is president and operating owner of Permit Services Plus, Inc. as well as being an active licensed real estate agent and she holds a courier service license.
- Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Girl Scouts of America
- Women in Distress
- Salvation Army
- Honored as Women of the Year 2010 by 1000+ Club to Benefit Cancer, Inc.
- Redbook Finalist Literary Category
- Cambridge “Who’s Who” Registry Among Executive and Professional Women
- Realtor Association of Greater Fort Lauderdale
- National Association of Realtors
- National Association of Professional Women
Jane supports the philosophy “You have to give it away to keep it.” Her active participation in numerous local and national philanthropic associations has helped raise funds and awareness. Jane is an agency principal at BaxterMartin Advertising and has a grown daughter.
- Neighbors 4 Neighbors “Local Hero” award
- Share Our Strengths, Taste of the Nation
- Boca Helping Hands
- Women for Excellence
- Red Cross Hurricane Relief
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Treasure Box Project
- Food for Life Network
- Event Solutions Creative Director of the Year
- Event Solutions Marketing Professional Finalist
- Tower Forum
Michelle was raised in Tampa, Florida until 1998 when she and her family moved to Fort Lauderdale. She has a husband, four children and three grandchildren. Professionally she is owner and operator of Bookkeeping & More, an accounting firm.
- American Cancer Society
- Florida Chinese Shar-pei Rescue
- Humane Society
- In Jacob's Shoes
- Kids In Distress
- Salvation Army
Jan has a daughter who is a registered dietetician and a son who is an an attorney in California. She has her own interior design company, Good Karma by JMR Designs, Inc. and believes that home supports one's best life. Jan is also the internet TV host of a weekly show, "Good Karma Designs TV." Jan has been a resident of Coral Springs for over 25 years and truly enjoys giving back to her community and supporting causes that are close to her heart.
- Place of Hope at the Haven Design Project Co-Chair
- Honored as Women of the Year 2012 by 1000+Club to Benefit Cancer, Inc.
- Allied Member of American Society of Interior Designers
- Greenleader AP
- Published in Broward Design, Boca Design, Miami Design Magazines, The Parklander
- Nominee for Designs of Excellence Awards 2008, 2013, 2014
- ABWA - American Business Woman's Association
- Women for Excellence
- Jafco-Jewish Agency for Adoption and Foster Care
- Southern Palm Beach County Jewish Federation
- Women’s American Ort
- Broward County Public Schools Volunteer
Public Relations/Marketing/Social Media