We all like to have a night out and attend House Parties; whether it be for jewelry, cooking items, crafts or any other reason to get together at a friend's home. What if we could get together AND help those in need?
The exciting concept of having dinner with friends while impacting the lives of others is so compelling that Women & Wishes has created a new program, Gather & Give. This new program is specifically designed for friends, colleagues, and family members to gather on a regular basis to collectively support a local cause.
Gather & Give is a "dine in" potluck dinner and the money we would have spent "dining out" is donated to Women & Wishes. What's so great about collective giving is that our individual donation will have a greater impact when it is pooled together.
Being charitable and paying-it-forward is this party's agenda! Nothing for sale, only a small donation. Each individual makes a difference, but collectively we make an IMPACT.
So, instead of getting together and going out for a happy hour, lunch or dinner, let's pool our resources to make a difference in our community.
Gather & Give Hostess Guidelines
- Invite a group of friends (any size gathering you want)
- Sample invite/evite
- Each attendee contributes to the gathering (or hostess can decide to provide the food etc.)
- Each attendee would donate a small donation.
- A presentation of the mission of Women & Wishes will be played from the website –One minute informative video.
- Donations are made directly on the website at the gathering, tax receipts are provided.
- It will be an evening of socializing with friends, and learning about a wonderful charity.
- Your guests will then have the opportunity to get involved and host their own Gather & Give.
- Have a sign in spreadsheet of attendees to later forward to Women & Wishes (see sample)